We’re covering two main themes here - building a business that survives and thrives after ten years - and assessing the growing risk from a flood.
We’ve been working closely with Fathom for many years.
In Matthew Grant’s discussion with the co-founders of Fathom, you’ll discover topics such as:
- The advantages of building a business with close links to a university
- How increases in the resolution of data and increased computing power have fundamentally changed flood modelling in 10 years
- Why and when co-founders should bring in an external CEO
- Why insurers are better at understanding risk than many other industries
- How to represent uncertainty in decision making
- River gauges and aerial images - creating credible data sources to plug the information gaps
- Working with partners such as Reask
If you enjoyed this, we recommend Episode 220 for more information about Fathom, Reask and climate assessment.
We’d love to know what you think about this episode - click here and add your thoughts to our LinkedIn post about it.
If you like what you are hearing, please leave us a review on whichever platform you use or contact Matthew Grant on LinkedIn.
Sign up to the InsTech newsletter for a fresh view on the world every Wednesday morning.
To find out more about InsTech, our membership and offerings visit www.instech.co or contact us email@example.com
Continuing Professional Development - Learning Objectives
InsTech is accredited by The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). By listening to an InsTech podcast, or reading the accompanying transcript, you can claim up to 0.5 CPD hours towards the CII member CPD scheme.
By the end of this podcast, you should be able to meet the following Learning Objectives:
- Describe some of the advances in data and analytics that are enabling the development of global flood models
- Identify when co-founders should consider bringing in a CEO
- Summarise how insurers compare to other industries in assessing risk
Let us know you have listened to this podcast by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and if your organisation is a member of InsTech you will receive a quarterly summary of the CPD hours you have earned.
To help us measure the impact of the learning, we would be grateful if you would take a minute to complete a quick feedback survey.