Cytora is well known in London and increasingly in the US too, as providing analytics for insurers - founded in 2014 and with some well-known clients including Allianz, Beazley and Markel - this is another company that’s made the transition from start-up to scale-up.
Richard Hartley is the Co-founder and CEO. In this episode you will discover why the company pivoted from its original premise of sourcing data to help with commercial underwriting pricing - to its new solution, which is making underwriters' lives better, improving, as Richard puts it, how information glides through companies.
You are going to find out:
- How Richard and his team refocused the business when they realised that it's not the lack of data that is often holding insurers back, but too much data and data that’s hard to organise.
- When insurers should be making decisions to buy versus build their own technology
- Some of the differences between those of you in the US compared to us here in the UK.
- When it's better to go and find people with fresh ideas from outside the industry or tap into the experts from within
- Which insurance company - and Cytora client - has a goal of getting 80% of its insurance submissions managed with straight-through processing - untouched by human hands
- And finally - you can’t do everything so how to say no to your client?
If you like what you are hearing, please leave us a review on whichever platform you use or contact Matthew Grant on LinkedIn.
Sign up to the InsTech newsletter for a fresh view on the world every Wednesday morning.
Continuing Professional Development - Learning Objectives
InsTech is accredited by The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). By listening to an InsTech podcast, or reading the accompanying transcript, you can claim up to 0.5 CPD hours towards the CII member CPD scheme.
By the end of this podcast, you should be able to meet the following Learning Objectives:
- Identify how to make important investment decisions regarding buying and building technology
- List some of the benefits a business can achieve by recruiting externally and compare this to using in-house expertise
- Describe some of the issues surrounding data and the challenges a business can face if there’s too much
Let us know you have listened to this podcast by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and if your organisation is a member of InsTech you will receive a quarterly summary of the CPD hours you have earned.
To help us measure the impact of the learning, we would be grateful if you would take a minute to complete a quick feedback survey.