Zesty.ai uses aerial imagery and artificial intelligence to assess the potential impacts of wildfires and other climate-related events on individual properties.
Kumar Dhuvur, Co-founder and Head of Product, joined Matthew to discuss how the company helps insurers to understand climate risks and how personal experiences of wildfires in California led to the creation of Zesty.ai’s wildfire risk insights.
Talking points include:
- The data sources being used to build risk models
- The benefits of assessing risk on the property level
- Using visual tools to help underwriters investigate property risks
- How Zesty.ai keeps up to date with structural changes to properties
- Making claims processing less wasteful
You can get more information on the InsTech member profile page for Zesty.ai.
If you like what you're hearing, please leave us a review on whichever platform you use or contact Matthew Grant on LinkedIn.
More information on our next event, Making Payments Pay: Making the Most of Payments Technologies, is available from our Events section.
Sign up to the InsTech newsletter for a fresh view on the world every Wednesday morning.
Continuing Professional Development - Learning Objectives
InsTech is accredited by The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). By listening to an InsTech podcast, or reading the accompanying transcript, you can claim up to 0.5 CPD hours towards the CII member CPD scheme.
The Learning Objectives for this podcast are:
- Describe how data and models are being implemented within the insurance industry to help mitigate climate risks
- List some of the visual tools available for underwriters to assess property risk, explaining their benefits
- Summarise the ways in which insurers can allocate resources more efficiently when processing claims
Let us know you have listened to this podcast by emailing email@example.com and if your organisation is a member of InsTech you will receive a quarterly summary of the CPD hours you have earned.
To help us measure the impact of the learning, we would be grateful if you would take a minute to complete a quick feedback survey.