We hear a lot about insurance protection for major catastrophes, but losses from frequent, local events now cause as much damage as the larger disasters that make the news. But insurance coverage is lagging behind leaving insurers and enterprises exposed to loss with no insurance protection.
The Demex Group, a spin-out from reinsurer Munich Re is offering parametric cover to fill that insurance gap. This week Matthew Grant and Henry Gale are talking to President & CEO Bill Clark and Chief Risk Officer Matt Coleman, both of whom bring deep industry expertise to Demex.
- Why traditional insurers and reinsurers are reducing their insurance cover for weather risks
- The impact of climate change on frequency and severity
- Why brokers are supporting the Demex offering
- The problem of lack of insurance and the “stub period”
- Understanding hyper localisation
We’d love to know what you think about this episode – click here and add your thoughts to our LinkedIn post about it.
If you like what you are hearing, please leave us a review on whichever platform you use or contact Matthew Grant on LinkedIn.
Sign up to the InsTech newsletter for a fresh view on the world every Wednesday morning.
Continuing Professional Development – Learning Objectives
InsTech is accredited by The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). By listening to an InsTech podcast, or reading the accompanying transcript, you can claim up to 0.5 CPD hours towards the CII member CPD scheme.
By the end of this podcast, you should be able to meet the following Learning Objectives:
- Describe some of the disadvantages climate change is having on the insurance industry
- List some of the benefits of offering small-scale insurance cover
- Explain how the use of hyper-localisation can increase business efficiency
Let us know you have listened to this podcast by emailing [email protected] and if your organisation is a member of InsTech you will receive a quarterly summary of the CPD hours you have earned.
To help us measure the impact of the learning, we would be grateful if you would take a minute to complete a quick feedback survey.