World Innovation Lab (WiL) is a US & Japan-based venture capital firm with capital from governments and leading global corporations based in Japan and throughout Asia. The company's vision is to be the bridge between startups and corporates in key hubs across the globe - starting with Japan and the US.
Matthew was joined by partner Steve Pretre.
Talking points include:
- The areas of innovation in insurance that Steve and his colleagues are investing in, including opportunities in the emerging economies
- Growth in embedded insurance and low-code, and the implications this has on data sharing
- How to build and maintain an ecosystem of partners that are distributing and underwriting insurance in different environments
- What federated learning for machine learning means in practice
- The Tokio Marine fund for seed and early-stage companies
- Why WiL has a team based in Japan and the difference in distribution and financial services compared to the US
If you like what you are hearing, please leave us a review on whichever platform you use or contact Matthew Grant on LinkedIn.
Sign up to the InsTech newsletter for a fresh view on the world every Wednesday morning.
Continuing Professional Development - Learning Objectives
InsTech is accredited by The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). By listening to an InsTech podcast, or reading the accompanying transcript, you can claim up to 0.5 CPD hours towards the CII member CPD scheme.
The Learning Objectives for this podcast are:
- List some innovative opportunities emerging for investors in the insurance space
- Explain why low-code platforms have gained traction within the insurance industry
- Summarise some of the differences in distribution and financial services for different international markets, such as the US and Japan
Let us know you have listened to this podcast by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and if your organisation is a member of InsTech you will receive a quarterly summary of the CPD hours you have earned.
To help us measure the impact of the learning, we would be grateful if you would take a minute to complete a quick feedback survey.