PitchBook is a financial data and software company that provides insights on private and public markets to help clients better evaluate opportunities.
Robert Le, a Fintech Analyst at PitchBook, talks about how it gathers, defines and categorises different sources of information in its databases. He reviews what public market investors expect from insurtech and established technology companies and discusses the insurance areas where he is seeing opportunities emerge.
Talking points include:
- How investors rate risk-taking entities (MGAs and insurers) compared to technology companies licensing products
- The potential opportunities to assess cyber insurance risk
- Recent developments in pet insurance, including marketing trends, social changes following Covid-19 and recent technological advancements in the area
- Use cases today for blockchain in insurance
- Some companies Robert has been following
As a special offer to friends of the InsTech London podcast, PitchBook is offering a preview of its 2021 Annual Insurtech Report.
If you like what you're hearing, please leave us a review on whichever platform you use or contact Matthew Grant on LinkedIn.
Sign up to the InsTech newsletter for a fresh view on the world every Wednesday morning.
Continuing Professional Development - Learning Objectives
InsTech London is accredited by The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). By listening to an InsTech London podcast, or reading the accompanying transcript, you can claim up to 0.5 CPD hours towards the CII member CPD scheme.
The Learning Objectives for this podcast are:
- Describe the ways in which insurtech companies can appeal to public market investors
- Identify some of the emerging opportunities within certain insurance areas, such as cyber insurance risk
- Summarise how the pet insurance market has developed as a result of recent social and technological changes
Let us know you have listened to this podcast by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and if your organisation is a member of InsTech London you will receive a quarterly summary of the CPD hours you have earned.
To help us measure the impact of the learning, we would be grateful if you would take a minute to complete a quick feedback survey.