We’re back with our occasional “Partner Chats”. Robin Merttens and Matthew Grant reflect on what is going on in the world of innovation and insurance. As usual, there are some things to celebrate, and some things to grumble about.
We are the guests of QBE Ventures, the venture investment and development arm of QBE Insurance Group for this episode. Peta Kilian, UK Head of Strategy and Partnerships, joined us ready with a list of questions from her colleagues across QBE.
Talking points include:
- Does insurance need underwriters?
- What is algorithmic underwriting and does it really work?
- Sharing data between insurers and their partners - is there anything to celebrate in 2022?
- Energy transition and the move to reduce carbon emissions - what’s coming next?
- Cyber insurance - is now the time to get involved?
- And a lot more
Thanks to QBE for inviting us and allowing us to record this session. For a quick look at what this looked like on the day take a look at our video here.
If you like what you are hearing, please leave us a review on whichever platform you use or contact Matthew Grant on LinkedIn.
Sign up to the InsTech newsletter for a fresh view on the world every Wednesday morning.
Continuing Professional Development - Learning Objectives
InsTech is accredited by The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). By listening to an InsTech podcast, or reading the accompanying transcript, you can claim up to 0.5 CPD hours towards the CII member CPD scheme.
By the end of this podcast, you should be able to meet the following Learning Objectives:
- Describe the pros and cons of underwriters in the modern insurance industry
- Identify key points on whether data-sharing between insurance partners is beneficial to improving business efficiency
- Explain some of the advantages of using algorithms and whether they are really as accurate as expected
Let us know you have listened to this podcast by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and if your organisation is a member of InsTech you will receive a quarterly summary of the CPD hours you have earned.
To help us measure the impact of the learning, we would be grateful if you would take a minute to complete a quick feedback survey.