This week we are talking to Nigel Walsh, Managing Director of Insurance, Google Cloud. You'll find out why Google launched its recent “start-up” - Google Cloud - growing in excess of 36% quarter to quarter. Nigel is well known for his love of insurance and engagement across a whole range of innovative topics. He relocated to the US from the UK last year so we get a perspective of how attitudes, and technology, vary on both sides of the Atlantic.
- What’s changed since the phrase “Insurtech” was invented 7 years ago
- Are insurers returning as investors with a fresh appetite for innovation
- Predicting the future and scoring past forecasts
We’d love to know what you think about this episode - click here and add your thoughts to our LinkedIn post about it.
If you like what you are hearing, please leave us a review on whichever platform you use or contact Matthew Grant on LinkedIn.
Sign up to the InsTech newsletter for a fresh view on the world every Wednesday morning.
Continuing Professional Development - Learning Objectives
InsTech is accredited by The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). By listening to an InsTech podcast, or reading the accompanying transcript, you can claim up to 0.5 CPD hours towards the CII member CPD scheme.
By the end of this podcast, you should be able to meet the following Learning Objectives:
- Describe some of the advances in insurance operations since Insurtech came about and the benefits this has brought for insurance businesses
- Identify the key reasons why insurers decide to return as investors
- Learn some of the techniques used to predict future business growth & success
Let us know you have listened to this podcast by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and if your organisation is a member of InsTech you will receive a quarterly summary of the CPD hours you have earned.
To help us measure the impact of the learning, we would be grateful if you would take a minute to complete a quick feedback survey.