Matthew talks to Nick Martin, Portfolio Manager of the Polar Capital Global Insurance Strategy to learn about the characteristics of successful insurers - with a focus on established companies.
Talking points include:
- How leading insurers are using innovative technologies
- The significance of ESG, climate and cyber in both underwriting and investing
- Observations about the performance of insurtech companies that are trading on the public markets
- The power of compounding in investment and life in general
- Attracting talent into insurance
- Nick's personal view on the future of insurance and innovation
Polar Capital have asked us state that past performance is not a guide to or indicative of future results.
More InsTech content featuring Polar Capital is available on the company’s member profile page.
If you like what you are hearing, please leave us a review on whichever platform you use or contact Matthew Grant on LinkedIn.
Sign up to the InsTech newsletter for a fresh view on the world every Wednesday morning.
Continuing Professional Development - Learning Objectives
InsTech is accredited by The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). By listening to an InsTech podcast, or reading the accompanying transcript, you can claim up to 0.5 CPD hours towards the CII member CPD scheme.
The Learning Objectives for this podcast are:
- List some of the latest technological practices being implemented by leading insurance companies
- Explain the process of a compound interest investment and its benefits
- Summarise the key performance indicators observed for insurtech companies trading on the public markets
Let us know you have listened to this podcast by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and if your organisation is a member of InsTech you will receive a quarterly summary of the CPD hours you have earned.
To help us measure the impact of the learning, we would be grateful if you would take a minute to complete a quick feedback survey.