JBA Risk Management provides catastrophe models, flood maps and analytics worldwide to the insurance, financial, property and international development sectors.
Judith Ellison, the Climate Commercial Lead at JBA Risk, talks to Matthew about the challenges of meeting multiple demands from different clients and sectors, the importance of working with academics and industry specialists and how standardisation across the industry will increase resilience.
Talking points include:
- How JBA Risk can provide future flood risk data across the globe
- Understanding uncertainty in the context of different scenarios and timelines
- How regulation drives innovation and the impact that new reporting requirements will have on the insurance industry
- How Flood Re supports insurers and what drives the insurance industry to continue providing premiums and insights on flood risk
- The benefits of having a partner strategy and which companies JBA Risk is working with
If you like what you are hearing, please leave us a review on whichever platform you use or contact Matthew Grant on LinkedIn.
Sign up to the InsTech newsletter for a fresh view on the world every Wednesday morning.
Continuing Professional Development - Learning Objectives
InsTech is accredited by The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). By listening to an InsTech podcast, or reading the accompanying transcript, you can claim up to 0.5 CPD hours towards the CII member CPD scheme.
The Learning Objectives for this podcast are:
- List some of the relevant metrics and resources used by insurers when assessing flood risk
- Summarise what the new reporting requirements are and how insurers will be impacted by these changes
- Describe the current insurance practices that would benefit most from standardisation
Let us know you have listened to this podcast by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and if your organisation is a member of InsTech you will receive a quarterly summary of the CPD hours you have earned.
To help us measure the impact of the learning, we would be grateful if you would take a minute to complete a quick feedback survey.