We might be buying our personal insurance directly these days, but brokers still play a key role when it comes to all but the simplest of coverage. Costero goes one step further and finds solutions for risks that are unusual, and often hard to place but which are solving some of the world’s insurance protection gaps. Intrigued to learn more?
This week Matthew Grant joins Managing Director Jamie Webb and Divisional Director James Gadbury, of Costero Brokers. UK-based - but with global clients.
- The role of a broker for speciality business
- Why US businesses come to Lloyd’s to find insurance and capacity
- Supporting hard-to-place risks such as micro-mobility, autonomous vehicles and cryptocurrency
- Solutions for new companies pushing the boundaries of insurance such as Coincover, Nirvana, Thimble, ChAI and Aurora
- Partnerships with Atrium, Markel and others
- How Lloyd’s is helping create a market and opportunity for new solutions
We’d love to know what you think about this episode - click here and add your thoughts to our LinkedIn post about it.
If you like what you are hearing, please leave us a review on whichever platform you use or contact Matthew Grant on LinkedIn.
Sign up to the InsTech newsletter for a fresh view on the world every Wednesday morning.
Continuing Professional Development - Learning Objectives
InsTech is accredited by The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). By listening to an InsTech podcast, or reading the accompanying transcript, you can claim up to 0.5 CPD hours towards the CII member CPD scheme.
By the end of this podcast, you should be able to meet the following Learning Objectives:
- Identify some of the challenges insuring unusual and riskier events create
- Summarise the key differences between an insurer and a broker and understand their roles
- Describe some of the ways new companies can protect themselves whilst still offering insurance solutions
Let us know you have listened to this podcast by emailing email@example.com and if your organisation is a member of InsTech you will receive a quarterly summary of the CPD hours you have earned.
To help us measure the impact of the learning, we would be grateful if you would take a minute to complete a quick feedback survey.