Since being founded in 1688 Lloyd’s of London has grown into a marketplace supporting over £35 billion of premium. Innovation is at the heart of its success. More recently the “Lloyd’s Lab” has supported over 100 companies from around the world that are helping insurers find new solutions for the insurance protection gap and improving efficiencies.
Dawn Miller joined Lloyd’s of London as the Commercial Director in 2022 after a career with some well-known global insurers - having cut her teeth as an investor and entrepreneur.
One of Dawn’s responsibilities is helping the Lloyd’s market (which includes 50 insurance companies and 380 brokers) identify new types of insurance to offer, improve efficiencies - and support customers from global enterprises to small businesses around the world.
Join us for this episode to discover:
- The range of Dawn’s responsibilities which includes the Lloyd’s Lab, the Product Launch Lab and FutureMinds.
- Some of the milestones and success stories from the Lloyd’s Lab.
- What is involved with applying to the Lab and becoming a mentor. Tips and great insights to help you apply for the Lab right now - wherever in the world you are.
- How Lloyd’s is addressing the evolving challenges and opportunities in the measurement and management towards reducing carbon emissions and ESG more generally.
- Implications of insuring new assets such as a hydrogen pipeline compared to other liquified gases.
- What’s going on with all the debris in space and if it is insurable.
- Whether Lloyd’s will ever want to be an investor.
We are delighted to be supported by Lloyd’s and supporting the Lab. Many of our corporate members have been through the lab, including the ones we discuss such as Previsico, McKenzie Intelligence Services, OTT Risk, hyperexponential and Praedicat.
If you like what you are hearing, please leave us a review on whichever platform you use or contact Matthew Grant on LinkedIn.
Sign up to the InsTech newsletter for a fresh view on the world every Wednesday morning.
Continuing Professional Development - Learning Objectives
InsTech is accredited by The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). By listening to an InsTech podcast, or reading the accompanying transcript, you can claim up to 0.5 CPD hours towards the CII member CPD scheme.
By the end of this podcast, you should be able to meet the following Learning Objectives:
- Identify some of the ways a business can reduced its carbon footprint and learn of three key factors to enable this
- Describe the impact of insuring new assets and what it would look like in practice compared with existing products
- List some of the pros and cons of becoming an investor
Let us know you have listened to this podcast by emailing email@example.com and if your organisation is a member of InsTech you will receive a quarterly summary of the CPD hours you have earned.
To help us measure the impact of the learning, we would be grateful if you would take a minute to complete a quick feedback survey.