Súper is an MGA selling consumer insurance products in Mexico, including life, home contents and parametric earthquake cover.
Matthew Grant and Henry Gale are joined by Dario Luna, Executive Chairman and Co-founder of Súper, to discuss parametric insurance, digital distribution and insurance trends in Latin America.
Talking points include:
- How Mexico City is exposed to earthquake risk
- Why demand for earthquake insurance spikes in September
- Acknowledging how policyholders perceive risk
- Issues of underinsurance and how to distribute consumer insurance products in Mexico
- How parametric triggers can bring insurance to underserved communities
- How Súper is working with Munich Re and Swiss Re
If you like what you are hearing, please leave us a review on whichever platform you use or contact Matthew Grant on LinkedIn.
Sign up to the InsTech newsletter for a fresh view on the world every Wednesday morning.
Continuing Professional Development - Learning Objectives
InsTech is accredited by The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). By listening to an InsTech podcast, or reading the accompanying transcript, you can claim up to 0.5 CPD hours towards the CII member CPD scheme.
The Learning Objectives for this podcast are:
- Identify key insurance trends and perceived risks within the Latin American market
- Describe how disadvantaged countries such as Mexico gain from parametric insurance
- Define what underinsurance is and evaluate the issues it presents to underserved communities
Let us know you have listened to this podcast by emailing email@example.com and if your organisation is a member of InsTech you will receive a quarterly summary of the CPD hours you have earned.
To help us measure the impact of the learning, we would be grateful if you would take a minute to complete a quick feedback survey.