McKenzie Intelligence Services (MIS) provides catastrophe event response intelligence to the insurance market. It combines space and ground imagery with human intelligence and AI to estimate losses, helping insurers aggregate exposure data.
Brush Claims is a US-based property and liability claims service provider.
Matthew Grant and Ali Smedley spoke to Daniel Grimwood-Bird, Head of Sales and Marketing at MIS and Troy Stewart, COO and President at Brush Claims. They cover the way the two companies are working together and how responses to future events will change as a result.
Other talking points include:
- MIS’ provision of event intelligence following Hurricane Ian
- How MIS integrates data from various sources into its GEO platform to estimate losses
- How MIS identifies flood and wind damage at the property level using satellites and Synthetic Aperture Radar
- Troy’s experience at the Lloyd’s Lab
- The detrimental impact of uncertainty on a claims process and how MIS and Brush Claims partnership is addressing this
- How MIS works with InsTech members Liberty Specialty Markets and Markel International
Learn more about MIS including our past interviews, podcasts and reports here.
If you like what you are hearing, please leave us a review on whichever platform you use or contact Matthew Grant on LinkedIn.
Sign up to the InsTech newsletter for a fresh view on the world every Wednesday morning.
Continuing Professional Development - Learning Objectives
InsTech is accredited by The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). By listening to an InsTech podcast, or reading the accompanying transcript, you can claim up to 0.5 CPD hours towards the CII member CPD scheme.
The Learning Objectives for this podcast are:
- Describe some of the ways integrating data can have a healthy impact on a business when measuring losses
- Identify how collaboration between businesses can improve event intelligence and responses
- List some examples of how advances in science and technology play a key role in understanding flood and wind damage severity
Let us know you have listened to this podcast by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and if your organisation is a member of InsTech you will receive a quarterly summary of the CPD hours you have earned.
To help us measure the impact of the learning, we would be grateful if you would take a minute to complete a quick feedback survey.