Stripe provides technology infrastructure for the movement of money. Businesses use Stripe's software and APIs to accept payments and run financial operations in more than 100 countries. Robin Merttens sat down with the head of UK Enterprise Sales - Insurance & Insurtech, Calogero Scibetta. Talking points include:
- Why the insurance industry has been slow to embrace modern payment technology
- Supply chains, traceability and understanding transactions
- What an optimal payment infrastructure is and how it can be achieved
- How Stripe Climate is helping fund carbon capture projects
If you like what you are hearing, please leave us a review on whichever platform you use or contact Matthew Grant on LinkedIn.
Sign up to the InsTech newsletter for a fresh view on the world every Wednesday morning.
Continuing Professional Development - Learning Objectives
InsTech is accredited by The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). By listening to an InsTech podcast, or reading the accompanying transcript, you can claim up to 0.5 CPD hours towards the CII member CPD scheme.
The Learning Objectives for this podcast are:
- Summarise the key factors considered by insurers when looking to optimise a payment infrastructure
- List the benefits of modern payment technology when compared to legacy systems in the insurance industry
- Explain what carbon capture entails and how insurers and technology providers are contributing to these projects
Let us know you have listened to this podcast by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and if your organisation is a member of InsTech you will receive a quarterly summary of the CPD hours you have earned.
To help us measure the impact of the learning, we would be grateful if you would take a minute to complete a quick feedback survey.