The InsTech event in October focused on change. It featured examples of successful change projects and identified the key attributes of their success. In conjunction with sponsors Cognizant, we sourced our insights from both within and outside the industry as well as crowd-sourcing observations from our audience on the night.
We shared the thoughts of Cognizant themselves based on their experience of running successful change programmes within the insurance market and how they leveraged their global capabilities and experience to do so.
We also had insights from MGAs Vave and Rethink and more, as they each described what they’ve implemented, how they went about it, their top tips for success and the bear traps to be avoided.
Finally, we collected thoughts from the audience. We set aside 15 minutes and a roving mic. 15 audience members gave us their tip or trap. This was both a fun and insightful event providing plenty of interesting observations and stories.
The collection of insights provided from all the participating companies from outside and within the industry and the thoughts of the audience will be published shortly as a unique InsTech guide, The Does and Don’ts of achieving value and not just change.
Supported by sponsors Cognizant, InsTech’s Matthew Grant and Robin Merttens were joined on stage by:
- Dan Prince, CEO, Rethink
- Marek Shafer, Managing Director, VAVE
- Matt Jarman, Client Partner, Cognizant
- Colville Wood, Chief Technology Officer, Cognizant
- Justin Emrich, CIO, Atrium
- Bijal Patel, Co-Founder and CTO, Aurora
- Dave Connors, CEO, distriBind
- Paul Latham, Head of Audience Development, Aston Martin
- Mark Bennett, ACORD
- Tim Kershaw, VP Business Development, mea platform
Continuing Professional Development – Learning Objectives
InsTech is accredited by The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). By attending an InsTech live event, you can claim up to 1.5 CPD hours towards the CII member CPD scheme.
Let us know you attended the event by emailing [email protected] and if your organisation is a member of InsTech, you will receive a quarterly summary of the CPD hours you have earned.
For CPD purposes, the Learning Objectives for this event were:
- Summarise the reasons why the insurance industry finds it so hard to change and the current attitudes to change in the London market
- Identify examples of successful change in insurance and the key reasons for that success
- Examine what can be learned from successful change in other industries
Please take a minute to fill in this short CPD feedback form and let us know what you thought of this event.