The information available to insurers to help them understand the physical characteristics of properties, and what can influence potential damage, is essential for accurate underwriting. Data and analytics are improving every year but which ones do the insurers actually use?
Our ‘Property Risk – What’s New and What Works?’ event brought some of the new arrivals and survivors in the provision of data and analytics together at The Steel Yard in London, including experts in flood forecasts, digital twins, rebuild costs, remote assessment and much more.
Matthew and Robin were joined on stage by Todd Rissel, CEO of event sponsors e2Value, plus:
- Mark Cunningham, Co-founder & CEO, WhenFresh
- Olivia Iltcheva, Portfolio Optimisation, Convex
- Anthony Siggers, Co-founder & Chief Product Officer, Archipelago
- Jonathan Newbery, Head of Digital Experience, Zurich
- Jonathan Jackson, CEO, Previsico
- Jay Gentry, Head of Insurance, SafeGraph
- Bob Frady, VP, HazardHub (acquired by Guidewire)
- Anthony Peake, CEO, Intelligent AI
- Laurent de la Porte, CEO, Allphins
We will be bringing you the highlights from their on-stage interviews on the InsTech London Podcast. More details coming soon.
You can see all the photos from the event below, or on our Flickr page. If we took a photo of you, or someone you know, please feel free to download and share the images.
Continuing Professional Development – Learning Objectives
InsTech London is accredited by The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). By attending an InsTech London live event, you can claim up to 1.5 CPD hours towards the CII member CPD scheme.
Let us know you attended the event by emailing [email protected] and if your organisation is a member of InsTech London, you will receive a quarterly summary of the CPD hours you have earned.
For CPD purposes, the Learning Objectives for this event were:
- Recognise certain types of property data and analytics that can really add value for insurers
- Understand how data and analytics can significantly increase the accuracy of property underwriting
- Compare how some existing solutions, both emerging and well-established, are already benefiting insurers
Please take a minute to fill in this short CPD feedback form and let us know what you thought of this event.