Insurance discourse is awash with articles advancing ecosystems and the vital role they will play in the provision of insurance in the digital future. Ecosystems are an increasingly common feature of retail insurance, but what about the world of specialty?
The acquisition of Whitespace by Sequel (owned by Verisk) combines front office, back office, and Verisk’s many other capabilities under one roof. Surely, the framework for an ecosystem for the specialty market.
This Live Chat, hosted by InsTech London partner Robin Merttens, examines:
- The reason for the acquisition
- What Sequel plans to do next
- How the acquisition augments Whitespace
- Where the full range of Verisk’s other capabilities fit in
- How clients benefit and their reaction to the news
- Whether a fully-fledged ecosystem for the specialty market is the end game
Our speaker panel includes:
- Ian Summers, Chief Executive Officer, Sequel
- Marcus Broome, Chief Platform Officer, Whitespace
- Ian Fantozzi, Chief Executive Officer, Beazley Digital
- Kirk Maddern, Chief Operating Officer, Liberty Specialty Markets
A written report of the event is now available to download, or you can watch the event in full using the video player below.
Watch the full discussion via the video player below.
Continuing Professional Development – Learning Objectives
InsTech London is accredited by The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). By watching an InsTech London Live Chat, you can claim up to 0.5 CPD hours towards the CII member CPD scheme.
Let us know you attended the event by emailing [email protected] and if your organisation is a member of InsTech London, you will receive a quarterly summary of the CPD hours you have earned.
The Learning Objectives for this live chat are:
- Understand the motivations behind the recent acquisition of Whitespace by Sequel
- Discuss the ecosystem framework being created for the specialty market and how it could benefit clients
- Learn where Verisk’s other capabilities fit into this framework and the next steps following this acquisition
Please take a minute to fill in this short CPD feedback form and let us know what you thought of this event.