Arbol provides parametric climate and weather risk management solutions for sectors such as agriculture, energy, maritime and hospitality.
Siddhartha Jha, Arbol’s Founder, CEO and Chairman, joined Matthew Grant and Henry Gale to discuss how his experience of commodities trading helped inspire Arbol, how he built a company and a product and how it is addressing the needs of its customers with climate risk transfer.
Talking points include:
- Insuring cotton gins against low yields
- Combining parametric and traditional property insurance in Florida
- Applying parametric triggers to reinsurance on an individual property level
- How Arbol’s parametric captive programme offers analytics and insurance to corporates
- The recent acquisition of Oasis Hub and how it will enrich Arbol’s dClimate network
If you like what you are hearing, please leave us a review on whichever platform you use or contact Matthew Grant on LinkedIn.
Sign up to the InsTech newsletter for a fresh view on the world every Wednesday morning.
Continuing Professional Development – Learning Objectives
InsTech is accredited by The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). By listening to an InsTech podcast, or reading the accompanying transcript, you can claim up to 0.5 CPD hours towards the CII member CPD scheme.
The Learning Objectives for this podcast are:
- List some of the ways in which commodities trading experience can benefit the insurance field
- Describe the key differences between parametric and traditional property insurance, and where these can be combined effectively
- Summarise what a parametric captive programme entails and its benefits for corporate organisations
Let us know you have listened to this podcast by emailing [email protected] and if your organisation is a member of InsTech you will receive a quarterly summary of the CPD hours you have earned.
To help us measure the impact of the learning, we would be grateful if you would take a minute to complete a quick feedback survey.