For start-ups and scale-ups, funding is the fuel for growth. But after a record-breaking year for insurtech investment, what can we expect to see in the investment space in 2022?
Ruth Foxe Blader and Matthew Jones from venture capital investor Anthemis join Matthew to discuss the current financial markets and the opportunities that are attracting investors right now.
Talking points include:
- Assessing IPO performance and the investment appetite for insurtech
- What Anthemis looks for from new companies and solutions
- How new sources of data are creating new product opportunities
- The growth of embedded insurance and what’s next
- How to encourage entrepreneur diversity in insurtech
If you like what you’re hearing, please leave us a review on whichever platform you use, or contact Matthew Grant on LinkedIn.
Sign up to our newsletter for a fresh view on the world every Wednesday morning.
A transcript of Podcast 176 is also available to download.
Continuing Professional Development – Learning Objectives
InsTech London is accredited by The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). By listening to an InsTech London podcast, or reading the accompanying transcript, you can claim up to 0.5 CPD hours towards the CII member CPD scheme.
The Learning Objectives for this podcast are:
- Define what an IPO is and how it is reflected in an investment’s performance
- Summarise some of the things an investor looks for in a new investment opportunity
- Identify the developments in the insurance industry that are leading to new investment opportunities
Let us know you have listened to this podcast by emailing [email protected] and if your organisation is a member of InsTech London you will receive a quarterly summary of the CPD hours you have earned.
To help us measure the impact of the learning, we would be grateful if you would take a minute to complete a quick feedback survey.