DQPro is a data monitoring platform designed for the operational and regulatory needs of the specialty insurance market.
Nick Mair, DQPro’s CEO and Co-founder, joined Matthew Grant to discuss APIs, the London insurance market’s history and MGAs.
Talking points include:
- The founder’s story – the problem Nick saw and what he has done to help fix it
- Why fixing poor data is now recognised at board level as a top priority
- The cost of the data being incorrect and the fines being levied
- A day in the life of a data quality analyst
- Why processes set you free
- Automation – what it can do and what it can’t do
- Essential skills for building a product – listening to your customers, but making your own decisions and knowing where to focus.
Companies mentioned in this episode include Send Technology and VAVE.
If you like what you are hearing, please leave us a review on whichever platform you use or contact Matthew Grant on LinkedIn.
Sign up to the InsTech newsletter for a fresh view on the world every Wednesday morning.
Continuing Professional Development – Learning Objectives
InsTech is accredited by The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). By listening to an InsTech podcast, or reading the accompanying transcript, you can claim up to 0.5 CPD hours towards the CII member CPD scheme.
The Learning Objectives for this podcast are:
- Identify what poor data is and why fixing poor data is a key priority in achieving operational excellence
- List some of the pros and cons of automation and the impact this can have on a business
- Summarise essential product-building skills and understand the advantages of listening to customers whilst maintaining initiative and focus
Let us know you have listened to this podcast by emailing [email protected] and if your organisation is a member of InsTech you will receive a quarterly summary of the CPD hours you have earned.
To help us measure the impact of the learning, we would be grateful if you would take a minute to complete a quick feedback survey.