Gaia uses medical data to offer personalised financial plans to remove the financial barriers to accessing fertility care. It is the world’s first IVF (in vitro fertilisation) insurance product that predicts fertility outcomes and insures against the risk of failure.
Robin Merttens is joined by the Founder and CEO of Gaia, Nader AlSalim, to discuss why he wants to remove the financial barriers to fertility treatment.
Talking points include:
- The insurance gap
- Nader’s personal journey that encouraged him to start Gaia
- Gaia’s experience with Lloyd’s Lab
- Gaia’s identity as a brand and the long-term plans for its evolution
- The partners they’re looking for as they expand into new markets and geographies
More InsTech content featuring Gaia is available on the company’s member profile page.
If you like what you are hearing, please leave us a review on whichever platform you use or contact Matthew Grant on LinkedIn.
Sign up to the InsTech newsletter for a fresh view on the world every Wednesday morning.
Continuing Professional Development – Learning Objectives
InsTech is accredited by The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). By listening to an InsTech podcast, or reading the accompanying transcript, you can claim up to 0.5 CPD hours towards the CII member CPD scheme.
The Learning Objectives for this podcast are:
- Summarise the key financial barriers faced by potential fertility treatment patients
- Explain how medical data is used by insurers to create a personalised insurance offering
- List some of the benefits and initial challenges for an organisation engaging with Lloyd’s Lab
Let us know you have listened to this podcast by emailing [email protected] and if your organisation is a member of InsTech you will receive a quarterly summary of the CPD hours you have earned.
To help us measure the impact of the learning, we would be grateful if you would take a minute to complete a quick feedback survey.