Loadsure is a Lloyd’s backed MGA using analytics to automate the underwriting of shipped goods and cargo.
Matthew Grant is joined by Johnny McCord, Founder and CEO of Loadsure. Topics they discuss include the benefits of an instant embedded solution to offer insurance, why traditional insurance is unable to offer flexible products and the importance of a strong company culture in attracting the right talent.
Further talking points and learning points include
- Examples of how practical ways that improved use of technology and digital exchange of information support the customer needs.
- How the use of data and analytics can overcome shortcomings such as the difficulty for traditional freight insurance, to provide the necessary cover for products such as alcohol, foods, frozen produce and fireworks.
- Loadsure’s experience with the Lloyd’s Lab and how to make remote working a benefit for the business.
- The power and efficiency that comes from using existing categories and industry codes to gain a better understanding of the location and movement of commodities being insured.
If you like what you are hearing, please leave us a review on whichever platform you use or contact Matthew Grant on LinkedIn.
Sign up to the InsTech newsletter for a fresh view on the world every Wednesday morning.
Continuing Professional Development – Learning Objectives
InsTech is accredited by The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). By listening to an InsTech podcast, or reading the accompanying transcript, you can claim up to 0.5 CPD hours towards the CII member CPD scheme.
The Learning Objectives for this podcast are:
- List some of the ways in which data and analytics can be advantageous in overcoming the difficulties of traditional freight insurance
- Summarise how the use of technological & digital advancements can benefit customer needs
- Identify key advantages of instant embedded solutions when offering insurance
Let us know you have listened to this podcast by emailing [email protected] and if your organisation is a member of InsTech you will receive a quarterly summary of the CPD hours you have earned.
To help us measure the impact of the learning, we would be grateful if you would take a minute to complete a quick feedback survey.