Matthew talks to author, coach, and speaker Bryan Falchuk on Podcast 173 about his background in insurance and insurtech, and the innovation challenges for insurers and start-ups in 2022.
Bryan began his career at Liberty Mutual Insurance and worked for Beazley, McKinsey and Hiscox before branching out as an author. His two books titled The Future of Insurance look at the lessons learned by incumbent insurers as they look to innovate and evolve to meet the needs of their customers.
The episode features examples from insurers that have successfully launched innovation projects and why Bryan feels that now is a fascinating time for insurance.
Talking points include:
- Innovating in-house – insurer success stories
- How start-ups win – why a strong business model beats hype
- The growth of embedded insurance and moving beyond acquisitions
- Making claims savings – efficiency vs lower indemnity
- Going “digital” and how to overcome the challenges facing insurers post-pandemic
Bryan Falchuk is also the host of The Future of Insurance Podcast. You can hear Matthew and Robin talking to Bryan in Season 1, Episode 19.
For more information on Bryan’s The Future of Insurance book series, go to https://bryanfalchuk.com/bookstore.
If you like what you’re hearing, please leave us a review on whichever platform you use, or contact Matthew Grant on LinkedIn.
Sign up to our newsletter for a fresh view on the world every Wednesday morning.
A PDF transcript of Matthew and Bryan’s conversation is available to download.
Continuing Professional Development – Learning Objectives
InsTech London is accredited by The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). By listening to an InsTech London podcast, or reading the accompanying transcript, you can claim up to 0.5 CPD hours towards the CII member CPD scheme.
The Learning Objectives for this podcast are:
- Describe how companies, from start-ups to incumbents, can compete in the insurtech space
- Identify the possible future of insurtech funding in claims
- Summarise some of the ways insurers can overcome the challenges they face from the pandemic and beyond
Let us know you have listened to this podcast by emailing [email protected] and if your organisation is a member of InsTech London you will receive a quarterly summary of the CPD hours you have earned.
To help us measure the impact of the learning, we would be grateful if you would take a minute to complete a quick feedback survey.