We're bringing you the highlights and key insights from our property risk event at The Steel Yard in London.
‘Property Risk - What’s New and What Works?’ brought together experts in flood forecasting, digital twins, rebuild costs, remote assessment and more, to discuss new data and analytics solutions that are helping insurers understand the physical characteristics and risks of properties.
The episode begins with Robin in conversation with Todd Rissel, Chairman and CEO of event sponsors e2Value, and is followed by interviews with:
- Mark Cunningham, WhenFresh
- Olivia Iltcheva, Convex
- Anthony Siggers, Archipelago
- Jonathan Newbery, Zurich and Jonathan Jackson, Previsico
- Jay Gentry, SafeGraph
- Bob Frady, HazardHub (acquired by Guidewire)
- Anthony Peake, Intelligent AI
- Laurent de la Porte and Antonin de Benoist, Allphins
Talking points include:
- What is important for insurance companies when looking for property-related data
- What information has been hard to get, but is now available
- How information for the US varies from the UK
- What are some of the major sources of data from outside of the insurance industry
- What are some of the data hubs and platforms now being used
If you would like to hear more about the work our guests and their companies are doing, click the links above to visit their respective InsTech London member profiles. Further podcast episodes are also available featuring Todd Rissel (Podcast 153), Mark Cunningham (Podcast 111), Archipelago (Podcast 145), and Bob Frady (Podcast 135).
If you like what you're hearing, please leave us a review on whichever platform you use, or contact Matthew Grant on LinkedIn.
Sign up to our newsletter for a fresh view on the world every Wednesday morning.
Continuing Professional Development - Learning Objectives
InsTech London is accredited by The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). By listening to an InsTech London podcast, or reading the accompanying transcript, you can claim up to 0.5 CPD hours towards the CII member CPD scheme.
The Learning Objectives for this podcast are:
- Understand the potential for data to transform the understanding of property risk for insurers
- Explore some of the existing platforms and solutions available
- Identify the factors that insurers should consider when selecting a property data partner
Let us know you have listened to this podcast by emailing email@example.com and if your organisation is a member of InsTech London you will receive a quarterly summary of the CPD hours you have earned.
To help us measure the impact of the learning, we would be grateful if you would take a minute to complete a quick feedback survey.