This week, we’re bringing you the highlights from our recent live event featuring companies providing and using near real time hazard data to speed up claims handling, reduce costs and provide more accurate underwriting.
Data is only any good if it can be easily embedded in the workflow - so we get practical and specific with all our guests to explore real case studies and challenges they have overcome.
Matthew leads off talking to CEO and founder of ICEYE Rafal Modrzewski and Head of Insurance Solutions Lisa Wardlaw.
Extracts follow from:
- Forbes McKenzie, CEO, McKenzie Intelligence Services
- Alun Jones, Chief Commercial Officer, Addresscloud
- Andrew Smith, Chief Operations Officer, Fathom
- Jonathon Hopper, Claims Manager, Atrium Underwriters
- Colin Masson, Head of First Party Complex Claims, Beazley
- Gethin Jones, Co-Founder & Executive Director, Skyline Partners
Talking points include:
- Using radar satellite imaging technology to assess flood depths at individual building level
- Tracking climate risks and risk movements in near real time
- The potential and future role of parametric insurance for property risks
- How new data and technology is improving climate change models
- Using real time data to make faster claims payments
If you would like to hear more about the companies featured on this episode, click the links above to see additional content on their InsTech London member profiles.
Additional podcast episodes are also available for ICEYE, McKenzie Intelligence Services, Fathom, Atrium Underwriters and Skyline Partners.
If you like what you're hearing, please leave us a review on whichever platform you use, or contact Matthew Grant on LinkedIn.
Sign up to our newsletter for a fresh view on the world every Wednesday morning.
Continuing Professional Development - Learning Objectives
InsTech London is accredited by The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). By listening to an InsTech London podcast, or reading the accompanying transcript, you can claim up to 0.5 CPD hours towards the CII member CPD scheme.
The Learning Objectives for this podcast are:
- Understand some of the ways that innovation is changing the claims process for climate risk
- Compare sources of hazard data and uncover its importance in the claims process
- Learn how better monitoring of hazard data could help improve the customer experience
Let us know you have listened to this podcast by emailing email@example.com and if your organisation is a member of InsTech London you will receive a quarterly summary of the CPD hours you have earned.
To help us measure the impact of the learning, we would be grateful if you would take a minute to complete a quick feedback survey.