The healthcare industry has faced monumental changes over the past two years, with the pandemic affecting both the provision of services and consumer behaviour.
Increased demand and Covid-19 lockdowns led to the acceleration of digital health technology, which in turn is now presenting fresh challenges and opportunities for insurers.
Robin talks to Joan Cuscó, Global Head of Transformation at MAPFRE, and Nicolas Monsarrat, Managing Director, Strategy & Consulting, Digital Health Europe Lead at Accenture, about the digital health landscape in 2022 and what it means for the insurance industry.
Talking points include:
- Transitioning to digital - insights from the UK, US, France and Germany
- Providing more value from personalised health data
- The role of blockchain in building trust
- Using digital twins to model and learn
- Why ecosystems and partnerships are the way ahead
More information on MAPFRE’s insur_space accelerator programme is available at insur_space.com.
You can also get more information about MAPFRE from the company’s InsTech London member profile page.
The 2021 Accenture Health and Life Sciences Experience Survey mentioned in the podcast can be downloaded from accenture.com.
If you like what you're hearing, please leave us a review on whichever platform you use or contact Matthew Grant on LinkedIn.
Sign up to the InsTech newsletter for a fresh view on the world every Wednesday morning.
Continuing Professional Development - Learning Objectives
InsTech London is accredited by The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). By listening to an InsTech London podcast, or reading the accompanying transcript, you can claim up to 0.5 CPD hours towards the CII member CPD scheme.
The Learning Objectives for this podcast are:
- Outline how to transition to digital and the value of personalised health data
- Define what a digital twin is and how it can increase efficiency
- Describe the potential future of health insurance and its important elements
Let us know you have listened to this podcast by emailing email@example.com and if your organisation is a member of InsTech London you will receive a quarterly summary of the CPD hours you have earned.
To help us measure the impact of the learning, we would be grateful if you would take a minute to complete a quick feedback survey.