Alex Hearn, founder of insurance news and insights platform Slipcase, joins Matthew on Podcast 179 to share his experience of growing a successful business.
Formerly a broker at Willis, Alex left the company to develop a digital environment to connect insurance industry professionals. The result, Slipcase, is now an established platform collating and sharing information from insurers, brokers, and service providers to 160,000 users worldwide.
Alex and Matthew discuss the process of building the company, the technology behind the platform, and the insurance content that is capturing users’ attention.
Talking points include:
- Establishing a product market fit and knowing when to pivot
- Building a quality proposition for corporate clients
- What users want - tracking behaviour to establish trends
- How the pandemic changed consumption habits
- Podcast or press release - the popularity of different content formats
The article mentioned in the podcast, InsurTech freefall – don't look down, is available here.
Our latest report, Climate Change Risk Regulation and Measurement: 22 companies to know, is available to download from our website.
If you like what you're hearing, please leave us a review on whichever platform you use or contact Matthew Grant on LinkedIn.
Sign up to the InsTech newsletter for a fresh view on the world every Wednesday morning.
Continuing Professional Development - Learning Objectives
InsTech London is accredited by The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). By listening to an InsTech London podcast, or reading the accompanying transcript, you can claim up to 0.5 CPD hours towards the CII member CPD scheme.
The Learning Objectives for this podcast are:
- Summarise some of the potential ways to establish a new business within a product market
- Identify the key interests for consumers of insurance content and the impact of the pandemic on consumption habits
- Describe and compare the key advantages for consumers of insurance content between different content formats
Let us know you have listened to this podcast by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and if your organisation is a member of InsTech London you will receive a quarterly summary of the CPD hours you have earned.
To help us measure the impact of the learning, we would be grateful if you would take a minute to complete a quick feedback survey.