On the 25th of April, Aon’s new Strategy and Technology Group and other InsTech members discussed how a combination of strategy and technology can enhance underwriting performance as part of our live evening event series. Photos from the event are available at the bottom of this page.
Discussions on the night included:
- With higher retentions, a volatile market and the widening protection gap, Paul Campbell, Head of Strategy Consulting UK & EMEA, Aon Strategy and Technology Group, revealing how insurers can understand and address key market issues to optimise their portfolios
- Panel: How to differentiate with reinsurers – two reinsurers gave their perspective on current market conditions and how to manage them, Sima Ruparelia, Chief Actuarial and Risk Officer at PartnerRe, Mojum Khan, Head of Climate & Disaster Data & Analytics, AXA XL
- Case study: Parsyl and Perishables – The story behind the launch of Parsyl’s new Essential Consortium at Lloyd’s of London and how it uses data-powered underwriting and risk management to provide insurance solutions for fresh and frozen goods, Kris Kimble, Underwriter, Parsyl Syndicate
- Panel: Balancing risk and reward in a more volatile world, Lisa Chen, Head of Pricing and Portfolio Analytics at Lloyd’s, Chris Glenny, Managing Director, Aon Inpoint and Joanne Elliott, Managing Director, Aon Strategy and Technology Group
- Panel: Tackling the protection gap – the views of three London Market insurers that have set up separate divisions designed to tackle the protection gap, Hayley Maynard, Head of Innovation, Chaucer Group and Elizabeth Powell, Head of Differentiated Underwriting, AEGIS London
The event was sponsored by Aon’s Strategy and Technology Group.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
InsTech is accredited by The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). By attending an InsTech Evening event, you can claim up to 1.5 CPD hours towards your CPD scheme.
Let us know you attended the event by emailing [email protected] and if your organisation is a member of InsTech, you will receive a quarterly summary of the CPD hours you have earned.
The Learning Objectives for this event were:
- Outline some of the current key market trends and conditions and how they link to the current level of volatility
- Identify a range of technologies that can be used to enhance underwriting performance
- Summarise the various strategies for transforming internal business processes, optimising portfolios and tackling the protection gap
Please take a minute to fill in this short CPD feedback form and let us know what you thought of this event.