For our next InsTech live evening event at CodeNode, we are turning our attention to claims.
2022 was a year for the adoption of digital capability in claims. We will showcase a selection of new and exciting propositions that improve the customer claims experience, provide smarter ways of paying claims, automate parts of the claims process, and reimagine the traditional TPA model.
A recurring theme in this space is the number of new initiatives spawned from partnerships between technology businesses and incumbents. We will be talking to several providers who have announced carrier tie-ups recently and the insurers they work with.
The event is co-sponsored by WEX and Sprout.ai.
Discussions and topics to include:
- Making Payments More Rewarding - WEX , and partners will talk about the increasing sophistication of claims payments and what benefits customers
- Claims Automation in the ChatGPT Age - Sprout.ai will explain how AI is changing claims
- Reinventing the TPA (Third Party Administrator) with Reserv and Synergy Cloud
- Claims in the Specialty Market - an insurer perspective, Liberty Specialty Markets
- Claims Ecosystems - Is Too Much Technology Diversity Suffocating? 360Globalnet on the core components of a digital ecosystem and creating a successful implementation
Doors open at 4.30 pm for a 5.00 pm start. Sessions run from 5.00 pm - 7.00 pm and networking until 8.00 pm.
This event is free to InsTech members and £60 to non-members.
If your organisation is not a member, we would love for you to join us. Feel free to attend and do a ‘shout out’ on the night. You can either complete the registration form to secure your place, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to see whether you qualify for a free ticket.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
InsTech is accredited by The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). By attending an InsTech event, you can claim up to 1.5 CPD hours towards the CII member CPD scheme.
By the end of this event, you should be able to meet the following Learning Objectives:
- Summarise the various reasons why there is a need for the adoption of digital capability in claims
- Identify a range of both new and existing propositions that are examples of innovation in claims
- Describe some partnerships between technology providers and incumbents that are aiming to improve the claims experience
|Non-member event ticket||£ 60.00 (includes VAT of £ 10.00)|
Event Extra Details